Monday, December 12, 2011

New Tile For The Rental!

Well so not a whole lot has been going on with Mykel and I but there has been ALOT going on with our little appartment! Les ( my landlord/boss) promised me that if I moved into this rental he had that he would fix the crappy floor! It was bad and definitely needed the work but Les doesnt always remember his promises so I wasnt holding my breath when we got the place, BUT it was the cheapest we had found so I decided that I would just bug Les until he did it! Well finally 2 months later he decided he would! This man named Jeff, who has done all the tile for Les in his many houses, (which are beautiful) was going to do mine! So he came and took a look at the place and said 3 days for the bathroom, and an additional 4 for the kitchen! So Mykel and I figured we could handle it..THINK AGAIN! He came and did the bathroom on the Monday before Thanksgiving and just completely finished it FRIDAY!! HOLY COW! Let me just quickly mention that my bathroom is serously 5 tiles long and 4 wide..um wow! my kitchen which he said would take 4 days..took him 2 WEEKS! I wanted to so badly yell at this man but...he is just one of those guys that you hate to love! He really is a sweet man he is just SOOO SLOWWW!! Not to mention I walked into my house on Thursday and he was LOUNGING BACK IN MY RECLINER...UM...I honestly about died! Here are a few pictures of what I have been living in for the past little while!!


This is my washer just chillin in my living room..




One plus to my fridge being so close to my chair is its really easy to grab a drink or snack! :)



These 2 pictures are to show you how big my kitchen is. This is quite a small job for 3 weeks eh?


All I can say now is that I am so thankful that it is finally done! What a mess but the tile is soo nice now! Other than this minor disaster Mykel and are doing well! We are both still working and enjoying the newlywed life!  I plan to start school online as soon as possible so I can get my C.L.T and start working full time at the hospital and Mykel is just enjoying working at the dairy and at the Shell!
Life Is Good!

No comments: